JF Kapnek Zimbabwe a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title : Human Resources Officer
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager :
Location : Harare
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Officer is responsible for the human resource management activities including recruitment, staff benefit administration, handling HR correspondences, processing staff termination, staff payroll administration, maintaining HR documentation, providing information to & guiding staff in relation to elements of the HR Manual and work towards the proper implementation of the HR Manual. The HRO is expected to work in close collaboration with Programme and support staff in field and Head Office.
Participate in the formulation, follow up and the implementation of HR Policies
• Participate in the crafting of HR Policies
• Be well informed of all the HR Policies and be able to give advice to staff on HR policy issues
• Come up with implementation plan for all new policies and SOPs
• Arrange re-sensitization meetings for H.R policies yearly
• Ensure that HR policies are followed up by departments
Contribute to organizing staff recruitment and departure
• Crafting job adverts in liaison with the hiring managers
• Make appointments with the candidates;
• Organize recruitment tests;
• Prepare replies to the candidates
• Prepare JF Kapnek’s employment contracts and dispatch them after review by the HR manager and signature by Executive Director.
• Ensuring proper staffing plan is in place and job descriptions for current or new positions are updated and recorded appropriately.
• Collect all the personal information needed and make sure that every new employee signs an employment contract, a job description and policies before working,
• Process terminal benefits after the incumbent has cleared with all departments
• Ensure with the admin department that JF Kapnek equipment is given back before terminal
Prepare an update of the monthly payroll for all staff, volunteers, and locum payments
• Receive monthly payroll input documents and reports from the teams
• Process all the payroll input on the payroll software
• Compute payroll reports and share with HR Manager
• Once payroll is approved print all necessary reports for signing
• After signing of the reports export to a disk and share with finance and after processing print for signing the salaries transfer confirmation
• Check payment schedules for all volunteers and volunteers against timesheets submitted for payment processing before submission to finance
• Give an update on leave days as requested by Senior Management Team.
Participate in industrial relations management
• Consolidate and report to the HR Manager all request from the staff,
• Assist the HR Manager in the internal communication of HR issues, and conciliation with the
• Organize general meetings with the staff quarterly.
• Organize meetings with the Organisational Development committee as requested
• Follow up on the resolutions/action points from the OD and staff meetings
• Assist the HR Manager in the implementation of JF Kapnek Code of conduct and HR Manual
and other HR Polices
• Follow-up the national code of conduct, the employment tax and regulations, and ensure that JF
Kapnek HR policy is consistent with them,
• Check that the request for annual leave days/overtime have been approved and conform with JF Kapnek policies and the HR Manual,
• Review the leave management process and enforce achievement of leave liability management and staff fatigue
• Weekly preparation of the leave balance schedule
• Follow up on any leave which has not been captured in Belina Connect.
• Coordinate with the field team for- application and approval for any leave days taken
• Sensitisation of Belina connect processes quarterly.
• Ensure proper follow up of Volunteer and locum documents and pushing for the timeous payment of their allowances
• Follow-up the implementation of the annual appraisal work plans and training plan.
• Assist in Performance Management analysis and training needs planning
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in the NGO sector
• Knowledge of Belina Payroll a MUST
• Experience in working for an organization with significant number of staff and field offices.
• Extensive knowledge of Zimbabwean labour law as well as the NGO sector
• Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
How to apply
Submit your application via this link https://jfkapnektrust.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/642179000002388001/Human-Resources- Officer?source=CareerSite
JF Kapnek Zimbabwe has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Zimbabwe Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 7 October 2022. Applications will be considered as they are received.