Provide accounting support and assist in preparing and submitting statutory returns.
Main Focus Areas
• Prepare various tax returns and ensure filing timely and accurately.
• Prepare all tax payments for the various tax heads before the due dates on a monthly basis
• Prepare supporting calculations for Quarterly Payments Dates (QPDs) and Annual Tax Returns including payment of the taxes.
• Assist the Manager in closely tracking updates on tax rules and regulations, and timely adjust internal policy and procedures to reflect the changes.
• Assist the Manager to establish standardized internal controls and procedures of tax management for the Bank.
• Collaborate with tax authorities on information requests and audits.
2. Regulatory Reporting
• Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Regulatory returns to ensure accuracy and completeness before submission to regulatory bodies: Reserve Bank, Deposit Protection Corporation, etc.
• Investigate and explain all material periodic movements on such returns and initiate any correcting journals where discrepancies have been noted
• Address and resolve queries on statutory returns and reports and provide first-line contact with regulatory bodies.
• Maintain a file of all correspondences with regulatory authorities.
• Assist with the annual year-end external audit requirements for tax and regulatory returns.
• Maintain and track a calendar of all regulatory and tax returns
• Liaise with the Tax Authorities monthly to prepare reconciliations for all tax head accounts with ZIMRA.
• Reconcile internal general ledger clearing accounts for all tax types on a monthly basis.
• Maintain an attestation file for internal and external tax accounts and ensure that reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner
• Provide a monthly analysis of key P&L and Balance Sheet lines for month-end reporting.
• Preparing month-end schedules and journal entries, posting to general ledger as well as authorising journal entries initiated by colleagues
• Review and authorise general ledger maintenances including marking of holidays, opening of accounts, locking and unlocking of General Ledgers, etc.
• Assists with the resolution of external and internal audit findings.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• B.Comm, BA or BSc or equivalent in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, or related field
• Progress towards attainment of a professional accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIS, CIMA, or ICTA
• A minimum of 2 years experience as an Accountant or a similar role.
• Previous tax experience whether within Zimra or in an auditing firm is an advantage.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
Skills and Competencies:
• Highly attentive to detail
• Proficiency in process improvement
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
• Strong relationships building and networking skills.
• The ability to show empathy to diffuse and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
Job Related Knowledge
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• In-depth knowledge of tax principles and tax administration
• Knowledge and experience in compiling regulatory returns for Banks
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.co.zw with the Heading: “Accountant: Tax and Regulatory Reporting” attaching certified copied of your academic qualifications and National ID.APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 29 May 2022 @ 1630hrs.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in ...
Applications are invited from suitably qualified internal candidates to fill in the position of Management & Cost Accounting Officer The ...
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified and experienced candidates for the appointment to the following post based in Gweru.
A Career Opportunity in the Financial Services Sector Role Profile Reporting to the Business Development Manager, The successful candidate will ...