AIDS and TB Program (ATP) within the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) wishes to recruit a Data and Research Officer to support the implementation of HIV Prevention activities. This role will support the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) coordinate the national effort towards the prevention of HIV AIDS which remains a major public health problem in Zimbabwe.
• Facilitate the institutionalization of strong measurement systems that will allow MOHCC to monitor program progress towards the health systems transition readiness and ensure programs continue to meet outcomes and process requirements for a sustainable HIV prevention response
• Conduct HIV prevention site capacity assessment biannually with a strong focus on HR availability at site level, and status of prevention activities at facility level
• Facilitate the development of HIV prevention, including VMMC, PrEP, HTS, Condoms etc., targets including the institutionalization of the target setting methodology
• Develop and maintain a sustainable HIV Prevention (VMMC, AGYW, PREP, Condoms, STI and any other deemed relevant by the national HIV prevention coordinator) program dashboard that will enable the coordinators across all levels of the system to monitor program progress towards set targets on a weekly or monthly basis as appropriate.
• Oversight of the HIV prevention research agenda in liaison with different HIV prevention intervention focal staff, playing a role in mobilizing resources for operational research; Attends national research symposium day and reports back on this
• Synthesize findings from research/evaluations and conducts routine program analyses to develop recommendations for key issues of strategic and technical concern to VMMC and other HIV prevention interventions (HTS, PrEP etc.,) implementation.
• Conducts VMMC & HIV prevention stakeholder engagement with regards to data generation, management, and use
• Provide technical support with regards to data collection, collation and analysis and research to other officers within the HIV prevention programme
• Support the documentation and publication of best practices, case studies, evaluation, and operational research results for combination HIV prevention at a local, regional, and global level
• Other duties as assigned by the HIV prevention coordinator and Deputy Coordinator.
Competencies and Skills Required
• Degree in Public Health, Social Science, Epidemiology, or other health related disciplines with demonstrable quantitative instruction; a master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
• At least 2 years’ experience in development or implementation of Health intervention programmes e.g., HIV/AIDS and/or sexual reproductive health programmes
• Strong inter-personal communication and relationship building skills-demonstrated experience working with and building relationships with government leaders is an added advantage
• Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and conducting research with the HIV prevention programs
• Knowledge and experience of Excel macros, Stata, GIS, and SPSS would be a significant advantage
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
P O Box CY 1122, Causeway
Closing date: 19 December 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Africa University Harare Centre is inviting qualified applicants to apply for full time and part time Lectureship in the Health ...
Deadline: 26 January 2022 Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5 Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one ...
Deadline: 26 January 2022 Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe Classification: National Officer Service Staff NoA Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year ...
Deadline: 24 January 2022 Location: Mutare, Mutasa, Chipinge, Buhera, Makoni, Gokwe, Gweru, Mberengwa, Kwekwe Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract ...
Deadline: 23 January 2022 Reports: Program Manager About Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a ...