Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions that have arisen within the Environmental Management Agency (EMA)- an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Environmental Technician (6 posts) Duration: 8 months
Station: Beitbridge I Chirundu I Harare
Reporting to the Border Supervisor, the job incumbent will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, preventing and controlling importation of hazardous substances.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Inspects hazardous substances at entry and exit points at the border post.
• Monitors packaging of hazardous substances.
• Checks compatibility of hazardous substances.
• Ensures avoidance of spillage and contamination.
• Checks documents of vehicles carrying hazardous substances.
• Assesses fees for licensing purposes.
• Raises invoices for payment of licence fees.
• Maintains database for vehicles transporting hazardous substances.
• Records daily statistics.
• Carries out accident assessments when they occur.
• Attends stakeholder meetings (ZIMRA; security forces).
• Writes periodic and ad-hoc reports.
Qualification, Experience and Competences:
• Diploma in Environmental Management, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining, Biotechnology, or any other equivalent relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• At least one (1) year experience in the field.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 6May, 2022 to,
The Human Resources Manager Environmental Management Agency
685/6 Corner Lorraine/Faber Drive, Bluffhill, Box CY385
Please note that communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.