SOS Children's Villages Zimbabwe is looking for an energetic and organized individual to support the National Association in the day-to-day management of the monitoring and evaluation of all family like care and family strengthening programmes for the Waterfalls Location.
• Support the Location Program Manager and Coordinators to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators;
• Ensures that all programs and program activities result in the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys, follow-on monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives in the Association;
• Provide technical support for the implementation of the strategic priorities and annual plans, working closely with Projects Heads, and provide progress updates to the M&E Coordinator and Location Program Manager;
• Serve as the primary point person for all monitoring and evaluation related work;
• Develop and refine various monitoring tools for the Association programs (both quantitative and qualitative), and maintain a results database to aggregate data;
• Train the Location Management and co-workers on the accurate use of the monitoring systems, providing ongoing coaching/support through regular site monitoring visits, and ensure quality control and problem solving as needed;
• Document good practices, lessons learned trends, crosscutting policy and implementation issues, etc.
• Research and collect content and stories about the programmes achievements.
Qualifications & Experience
• First degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, Developmental Studies, Economics, or related Social Sciences field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience with implementing M&E activities for local and international development projects.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
• Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Good writing, analytical and communication skills;
• Relevant experience in field survey/data collection (qualitative and quantitative) techniques, data entry, data verification, and analysis;
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software and good Microsoft Office Suite skills. The incumbent should demonstrate advanced skills in use of at least one data management software including MS Access, Microsoft Power BI; Advanced Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
• Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong training & facilitation skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of certified academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 09 December 2022.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to:
NB Candidates are required to indicate current salary and expected salary expectations in the application letter.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation ...
Project Officer-Good Governance and Development Officer Duty Station: Midlands, Gokwe South District Deadline: 10 February 2023 5pm (CAT) About UDACIZA ...
The District COV-FAB nurse will provide both program oversite and actual vaccination services for the vaccination campaign that will be ...
The Project Officer is responsible for designing and implementing high quality field activities that contribute to the expected results of ...
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic individual to fill the above position. Reporting to the Head – Strategy, ...
Salary: TBA Expiry Date 07 Feb 2023
Posted by Local CompanyView Full Ad
About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps partners with communities as they move from a place of fragility to resilience, meeting urgent ...
Expiry Date 07 Feb 2023
Posted by Mercy CorpsView Full Ad