The Union Zimbabwe Trust (UZT) supports the national TB-HIV response in Zimbabwe largely, through funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Global Fund to Fight AIDS TB and Malaria. The position of The Technical Officer - Programmatic Management of Drug Resistant TB (PMDT) has arisen within UZT.
The Technical Officer - PMDT shall work under the overall direction of the Technical Director in consultation with the Deputy Director, AIDS and TB responsible for the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme in the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC). On administrative issues, the incumbent will work closely with the UZT Senior Administrator.
The Technical Officer - PMDT will provide technical assistance to the MoHCC and selected districts and provinces in the development and implementation of strategies for the scale up and decentralisation of high quality PMDT services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supporting development of strategies and operational plans to guide implementation of high quality decentralized PMDT services;
• Coordinating phased scale up of new drugs and regimens for drug resistant TB,
• Facilitating development and periodic review of PMDT guidelines technical documents (job aids, treatment guidelines, recording and reporting tools) and training materials, • Supporting coordination and implementation of training and other related PMDT activities at all levels,
• Liaising with MoHCC in forecasting of requirements of quality-assured second line TB drugs;
• Supporting PMDT coordination committee meetings at national and sub-national level
• Providing technical assistance in developing case-based routine DR-TB surveillance;
• Supporting operational research to inform policy and best practice.
Qualifications, skills and Experience
• A Medical doctor with a Public health qualification and at least 5 years of public health practice
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate health activities such as workshops and field mentorship
• Good command of English, written and oral communication skills
An application letter and a curriculum vitae to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday the 10th of December 2021.
Africa University Harare Centre is inviting qualified applicants to apply for full time and part time Lectureship in the Health ...
Deadline: 26 January 2022 Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5 Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one ...
Deadline: 26 January 2022 Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe Classification: National Officer Service Staff NoA Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year ...
Deadline: 24 January 2022 Location: Mutare, Mutasa, Chipinge, Buhera, Makoni, Gokwe, Gweru, Mberengwa, Kwekwe Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract ...
Deadline: 23 January 2022 Reports: Program Manager About Jointed Hands Welfare Organisation (JHWO) is a local NGO that envisions a ...