• Assisting in developing and implementing an Enterprise – wide SHEQ and Risk Management Function
• Assisting in SHEQ and Risk Strategy formulation and implementation
Assisting in maintenance of Quality Management systems.
• Proactive Operations in SHEQ and Risk Management
• Fraud detection & transactions data analytics
• Assisting in Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Assisting in Budget formulation & Control for the SHEQ and Risk Management function
• Regular and Ad-Hoc reporting on SHEQ and Risk issues to SHEQRM Officer.
ASSISTING IN DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING AN ENTERPRISE-WIDE SHEQ AND RISK MANAGEMENT FUNCTION
• Support the SHEQRM Officer in the development, review and approval of the enterprise-wide SHEQ and Risk governance framework which includes the organization’s culture, SHEQ and Risk needs and limits.
• Prepare a SHEQ and Risk-based Annual Operational Work Plan that considers the internal and external trends and emerging risks which will be presented to the SHEQRM Officer for review.
SHEQ AND RISK STRATEGY
• Assisting in development of SHEQ policies and objectives
• Administers the policies once approved SHEQRM Officer
• Coordinates implementation of SHEQ targets and objectives through inspections and audits
• Assists in formulation and implementation of SHEQ budgets once approved.
SHEQ MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
• Participates in the implementation and maintenance of SHEQ Management systems.
• Assists in Identifying and ensuring that all gaps in SHEQ are closed through audits
• Assists in Driving the certification of the organisation to ISO standards (ISO 14001: 2015:45001:2018)
• Follows up on audit reports and monitors progress of agreed corrective actions
PROACTIVE OPERATIONS RISK MANAGEMENT
• Assisting in the identification, assessment, and relevant mitigation of all operational risks in line with the Operational risk Framework to determine the risks profile of the organization.
• Maintain a risk register and an inventory of internal controls and map them to key risk areas.
• Identify emerging risks, assess, and measure the organization’s exposure to them.
• Assisting in review of all key external audit findings and track the progress of remediation of control weaknesses identified in mind the risk vs reward relationship.
• Assist in annual SHEQ and Risk Surveys.
FRAUD DETECTION AND TRANSACTIONS DATA ANALYTICS
• Proactively identifies and detect financial crime/fraud and acts of misconduct that could impact on the organization’s strategies and services and report to SHEQRM Officer.
• Assist in implementing automated systems to proactively detect and analyse potential fraud/crime/before it causes actual loss to the organisation.
• Assist in putting in place measures to ensure that syndicate related crimes are identified through efficient and effective intelligence.
• Ensure continuous monitoring of suspicious transactions occurring on the various Veer Freight technology systems and data platforms and reporting to SHEQRM Officer.
• Assisting in ensuring periodic Fraud Risk Assessments (FRA) are conducted in the organization.
• Present investigative facts, circumstances and conclusions to the SHEQRM Officer In form of high-quality investigation reports with recommendations for internal control environment improvement.
• Assist in performing periodic (quarterly) investigation Desk Audits to ensure quality of investigation work.
STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Assist in liaising with other control and assurance functions e.g Audit, Legal and Company Secretary within the combined Assurance Framework/Model.
• Assist in liaising with industry and other key partners to keep abreast of latest trends, technologies, best practices and legislation applicable.
• Preserve relationships despite airing conflicting views and seeks mutual gains when addressing conflicts.
REGULAR AND AD-HOC REPORTING
• Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the SHEQRM Officer
• Undertake any other related duties, task, assignments and projects as may be delegated by the SHEQRM Officer from time to time.
• Writes monthly reports for submission to the SHEQRM Officer.
• Assist in recording internal (reportable and non-reportable) accidents (WCIF14, FG2, and FG1) and maintain other SHEQ records (e.g., Licences and permits, SHEQ risk registers etc.)
SHEQ AND RISK TRAINING AND AWARENESS PROGRAMMES
• Assisting in coming up with SHEQ and Risk training needs
• Conducts SHEQ and Risk training and awareness programmes
• Coordinates internal and external SHEQ programmes in liaison with SHEQRM Officer.
ACCIDENT PREVENTION AND SHEQ LEGAL COMPLIANCE
• Create awareness amongst employees on safety requirements, inductions and campaigns
• Participates in accident investigation and recommends corrective action
• Participates in emergence situations
• Monitors progress on corrective action arising from accident investigations
• Conducts daily SHEQ inspections and generates reports to be submitted to the SHEQRM Officer
Education – School Level
Ideal: A’ LEVEL Acceptable: O’ LEVEL
Education – Higher Technical, Professional or University
Ideal: Degree in Risk Management or equivalent.
Acceptable: Diploma in Risk Management.
Preferably holders of:
Integrated Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45 001:2018 & ISO 14001:2015)
NSSA- Zimbabwe-OSHEMAC 1 & 2- 2 Months
Basic Industrial First Aid
Basic Industrial Fire Fighting